Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Sunday School Class Challenge for 2011

As we come to the end of 2010 and begin to look forward to 2011, it is appropriate to consider ways that we can strengthen our walk with the Lord. Psalm 119:1 says, "Thine word have I hidden in my heart so that I might not sin against thee." In order to "hide" God's word in our heart, we must READ His word and we must commit the principles and statements of God's Word to our hearts and minds....to our memory. Therefore, I am inviting our Sunday School class to join me in 2011 on a "Spiritual Odyssey" in which we attempt to systematically read through the Word of God and commit 52 scripture passages to memory. I hope you will use the "Read the Bible Through in 2011" plan to systematically read the Bible daily and to completely read the Bible in one year. In addition, I hope you will join Cindy and me in attempting to memorize one scripture passage each week for the next fifty-two weeks. I will send a copy of both documents, the Read the Bible Thru Plan and the 52 Memory Scripture Passages via e-mail to the class. We will talk about these plans more in Sunday School tomorrow. See you then. Remember, we have a potluck breakfast scheduled in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment