Saturday, April 3, 2010

He is risen!--April 4, 2010

"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying."--Matthew 28: 5-6

He is arisen! He is ALIVE! On Easter, Christians all around the world celebrate this fact. Jesus was crucified, died, and lay in a tomb until the first day of the week. On that day, the words above were spoken when two women came to visit Jesus' grave. Up from the grave He arose with a mighty triumph o'er His foes, He arose! Thank God, He arose.

Everything about Easter speaks of life. This week, I began to notice green leaves of grass in my otherwise dead lawn. For the first time since November, I mowed the lawn. This week, Cindy and I enjoyed the absolutely beautiful wild flowers on the side of the road as we traveled from one part of the state to another. The colors were vibrant, the fragrance was sweet and fresh. New life in all its varied forms manifests itself at Easter. All life celebrates this fact--Jesus died on an old wooden cross, but he did not stay dead. As the evangelist David Ring says, "Jesus is NOT dead. He is not even SICK!" He is alive and well, praise God!

As you worship this Easter and as you enjoy spending time with your family...even as you help little ones find Easter Eggs, I know you will continue to give thanks and praise to our God! He lives! Happy Easter!

SUNDAY SCHOOL SOCIAL:
I hope you are all able to join us next Friday evening around 6:30 p.m. for a class "get together" at our home (8431 Turtle Rock Loop in Emerald Forest Subdivision). If you need childcare, please sign up with the church by Monday, April 5. We are looking forward to a time of fellowship and fun. The meal will be potluck, so bring whatever and come join us for a good time in Christian fellowship. If you know you are coming, please shoot me an e-mail to let me know you are coming and let me know what you plan to bring so that we can be sure we don't have all vegetables or all desserts. On the other hand, if we had all desserts, I wouldn't have any choice....I would have to eat sweets. If you are not sure of your availability and cannot make a commitment but find out that you can attend at the last minute, just come on! Our time together is informal so just come join us. Here is my contact information if you need to reach me or Cindy:

E-Mail: jimmycreel@suddenlink.net cindycreel@suddenlink.net

Home Phone: 979-695-1684

Cell Phone: 979-229-6606

Looking forward to seeing you all Friday Evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment